Thursday, July 8, 2010

Theater Thursday: The Young Victoria

At long last, I finally got to see my dear friend Becca, after two, very long weeks. She has been touring Missouri, through Girls State, and MU's Mini Medical School. Needless to say, I missed her quite a bit. She is such a joy, and I greatly treasure her company. I am positive that we are the only two girls in St. Joseph who would enter Hastings and head directly to the British Foreign Film Section. And not only that, but rent 4 movies, because we can never decide!
After much debate, we decided on the Young Victoria. I could simply say, that Rupert Friend is the best thing to happen since sliced bread (yesterday was the anniversary of sliced bread...) and that would be enough on the subject. However, it would not make for a very interesting blog post! Emily Blunt is flawless. The screenplay is well written, and all the cast blends superbly well together. Quotes such as "Do you ever feel like a chess piece yourself, in a game being played against your will?" and "First, I am replaceable, and you are not. Second, you're the only wife I've got or ever will have. You are my whole existence, and I will love you until my very last breath." make my heart want to melt! The costumes are divine, and much more accurate than other period films.
But for now, it is best not to exhaust the subject.

1 comment:

Candise and Crew said...

Like :-)
Warmly,
Candise & Crew