Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Other Boleyn Girl

After three weeks of this movie sitting on my desk, I finally found a free block of time which I could use to watch it. My senior year history studies covered this time period, and my mother approved of me watching this "big girl movie." They did an excellent job choosing the actors and actresses for this film. The parts were played wonderfully, and the story line was easy to follow. As far as accuracy is concerned, it was on and off. But for Hollywood, I suppose it wasn't too bad. As a Catholic, it was interesting to view the other side of the story. Kolbe tends to be slightly prejudiced when it comes to topics of the Catholic Church (not that I'm complaining!), but it's nice to have a rounded view point. It clearly depicts the seduction story, so I can't safely recommend it. If anyone has seen the movie, I am interested in if the ending is what actually happened to Anne Boleyn?

No comments: