Monday, September 21, 2009

Marriable


I just finished reading the book Marriable by Hayley and Michael DiMarco. Alyx gave it to me, and the Omaha hockey trip was the perfect amount of time to finish it.
To quickly sum up why I loved this book, it's because it's not like other books!
I know, I know...every single book will say that they are not like the others. And one must admit, that this is true. Every book is told just a little bit different. But it seems that the message and meaning are always the same. Don't date until you're ready to get married. Follow Christian teaching. Guard you're heart. And while this book says those things too, it does so in a totally different way!
I've read Josh Harris' book I Kissed Dating Goodbye, along with many others. But this one stated the point, and then moved on! (yes Josh Harris...moved on!) It was humorous, and fast paced. I wanted to be reading it!
It stated the 10 most common lies that guys will tell girls. I talked about being friends with the opposite sex, and how only gay people marry their best friend.
There were many parts of the book that I would like to post, but I will stick to one, and you can read the rest (after Kristen, who currently has it).
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top 10 Rejection Lines Given by Women (and what they actually mean)
10. I think of you as a brother (I don't want to kiss you, ever.)
9. There's a slight difference in our ages (I'm not Mary Kay LeTourneau or Anna Nicole Smith.)
8. I'm not attracted to you in that way (again, I don't want to kiss you, ever.)
7. My life is too complicated right now (Instead of "you complete me," you complicate me.)
6. I've got a boyfriend (And his name is TiVo.)
5. I don't date men where I work (And if you quit, I still work on Earth.)
4. It's not you, it's me (It's me not wanting to date you.)
3. I'm concentrating on my career (Until I find someone that I see a future with.)
2. I'm celibate (How many times do I have to say it? I don't want to kiss you!)
1. Let's be friends (You won't mind when I tell you about all the other guys I meet and have a crush on, will you?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Top 10 Rejection Lines Given by Men (and what they actually mean)
10. I think of you as a sister (I'm just not attracted to you.)
9. There's a slight difference in our ages (I'm just not attracted to you.)
8. I'm not attracted to you in that way (Um, what he said.)
7. My life is too complicated right now (I can't keep juggling you and dating my new crush.)
6. I've got a girlfriend (I'm just not attracted to you enough to dump her.)
5. I don't date women where I work (I see a nasty breakup in our future, and I need this job.)
4. It's not you, it's me (It's you.)
3. I'm concentrating on my career (I'm just not attracted to you.)
2. I'm celibate (This is getting redundant...)
1. Let's be friends ( I value you as an important influence in my life and can't imagine navigating my free time without you being a part of it. Did I mention that I'm just not attracted to you?)

1 comment:

fashionably-pink@hotmail.com said...

HAHAHA Love Those!!!! Women have more complicated answers and the guys are like duhhh I'm not attracted to you :P I am sooo reading that book!!!