Monday, September 21, 2009

When it Rains...

On Saturday night I was talking with my friend Alyx, and we had just about run out of all hope in the opposite sex. We've been reading lots of courtship books together, including Marriable, which I will post next.
So we prayed together, and decided to ask God for a sign. If there were any decent men left, God would send rain.
I greatly admire Alyx because she asks God for signs every day, and never doubts what she's sees. I, on the other hand, am always doubting whatever I ask for: "Is one flower good enough, or was I asking for more?"
About two hours later, Alyx text me and said that if the rain didn't come on Sunday, it would come on Monday. To which I replied: DO YOU WANT MEN TO FAIL???
I mean rain? Come on?
Sunday came and went without a single drop.
Not even a little breeze.
Monday came, with no sign yet.
But at 9:30am, God opened the sky's, and I had the fear of God placed into me!
The puddles were 6 inches deep! By the time I reached my class, my jeans were wet up to my knees!
Some may say that it's just a coincidence. That it had been predicted to rain all week long.
I however, will continue to say "that I CAN reasonably take credit for making it rain!"
(Although Mrs. Bennet from "Pride and Prejudice" cannot...)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Meggar, I love you.