Wednesday, November 26, 2008

TWILIGHT

Ok for the record, Twilight was AMAZING!


It was everything that I wanted it to be, and so much more.


A friend through Koble wrote this about Twilight:

Alright so this is an adventure...I've never written a note before. Ever. Never ever never...until now. How dramatic.
Anyway, the reason I'm writing this is because I have something I'd like to tell the world. I am a Twilgiht fan. And no it's not because I think Edward is a hawtie, or because I want to be Bella so I get to be with Edward the hunky, hunky vampire. It's because it's a good book and people need to deal with that. It's not amazing as far as writing goes. There are better books out there. But the characters are interesting. They are realistic. You believe them when you read it. And for moments in time, I get to experience the a world of vampires. Even more than that,I experience a world were love exists in fantastical forms. The plot is pretty darn good, too.
If you don't like it. Fine. Cool. Whatever. But stop rolling your eyes at us who do. Not all of the Twilight fans are complete and utter fluffheads who only read the book, or see the movie because of Edward. I love the movie. I love the book. And I'd love it if people weren't all condecending about it. I'm not an idiot for being able to enjoy a good book.
So what if it's cheesy? Romeo and Juliet is cheesy. Tons of people try increadibly hard to avoid being cheesy. They think it's fake. The only reason it's fake is because the people in this world cannot bring themselves to love fully, truly, and unconditionally. If we all did that, the world would be full of cheesy kodac moments. Because sometimes what we as human beings feel is completely irrational...and just unrealistic....we feel larger than life...or full of love....and we're told that it's a fake feeling and what we need to feel should have a deep philisophical meaning if we want to be intelligent individuals. But not all of us do that...heck, most people can't feel like that. If you overthink a feeling, then it ceases to be a feeling...it becomes your impression of what you thought you felt at that particular moment in time. It becomes less of a feeling and more of a theory.
Ok. I'm done now. And frankly I feel increadibly silly for writing this whole thing. But I figure I should write one note-blog-thing at some point in my life. Why not now? So yeah. How does one end a note, anyway?
Hm. Well. Um. Bye.

No comments: