Thursday, August 5, 2010

Theater Thursday: Identical Movies

Dear humans,
Today I thought I'd do something a little different for Theater Thursday. This was mostly brought on by the fact that I didn't really feel like writing a review on Dinner for Schmucks. Nevertheless, I do think this will be a success!
Let's start in 2004. Where Chasing Liberty was released on January 9th, and First Daughter on September 24th. Interesting.

















Maybe that was just an off year, right? Next we move to 2006, where The Illusionist was released on September 1st, and The Prestige on October 20th.


















I would love to hear some of your thoughts about this. It pretty safe to say that Hollywood caters to the majority. I also have noticed "filler" movies. The ones that are just there to sell a few tickets until the big movie comes out. Killers was one of these movies. Put a few big names like Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl in it, and you make a few millions while everyone is waiting for Eclipse and Inception to come out.
Happy Thursday!

No comments: