Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

I had the great pleasure of seeing this movie last Sunday. After some plans got cancelled last minute, a few of my friends decided to make a stop at the movie theater. This caused me to stumble upon a wonderful secret in Kansas City. The Plaza movie theater has movie tickets for $4 if you go to the early show! Since I am anxiously awaiting the release of a few movies this spring, I welcome this information!
I am a great believer of reading the book before the movie. Perhaps it is from my mother harping on me all these years, or perhaps it is because I've been let down so many times. However, if we simply discuss the movie itself, I was very impressed. The ending was closed off, characters were well chosen, the story line moved along, and overall it was an enjoyable experience.
I have ventured into reading a few Father Brown stories, but other than that, my literary tastes don't steer towards Mysteries. Hence I am not qualified to make a statement about how well the movie related to the books of Sherlock Holmes. If anyone has something to say on the subject, please feel free to leave a comment. On that note, I have nothing further to say.

3 comments:

Candise and Crew said...

Don't think I will let you graduate without reading some Sherlock Holmes!

Candise and Crew said...

It's Becca's favorite, so maybe she can help me convince you to put it on your reading pile.

Kristen said...

Just be glad you didn't read them before you watched the movie.