Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

While in France this summer, one of the four books I took was "Eat, Pray, Love." I know I have posted a review of the book in the past, and if you want to argue matters of whether it is politically correct or not I would rather you look up that post (it is my secret hope that it takes you too long to find it and you give up hope). I am Catholic, and I do believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven. My support of this book does not change any of that.
But back to my main point, this post is not about the book, as much as it is about the upcoming movie. IMDB posted a wonderful article about the movie this past weekend, and I for one am thrilled. The director Ryan Murphy has chosen Julia Roberts, one of my absolute favorite actresses to play the role of Elizabeth Gilbert in this film. Gilbert says she was surprised to hear they wanted to turn her best selling memoir into a book, seeing as she didn't take a single photo in her year-long trip.
As much as I did enjoy the book, I'm not placing much weight into the success of this movie. I'm sure it will have record sales in it's opening week, but the story line is bound to be weak. Personally, I was able to draw a lot from the book. Gilbert's thoughts are well written, and I am happy for her success.
Filming is scheduled to begin in July and will take place in New York, Italy, India, and Bali.

No comments: