Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dolce far niente...


Luca Spaghetti: “Americans. You work too hard, you get burned out. You come home and spend the whole weekend in your pajamas in front of the TV.”Liz: “That’s not far off, actually.”
Luca Spaghetti:But you don’t know pleasure. You have to be told you’ve earned it. You see a commercial that says: ‘It’s Miller Time!’ And you say, That’s right, now I’m going to buy a six pack.And then drink the whole thing and wake up the next morning and you feel terrible.But an Italian doesn’t need to be told. He walks by a sign that says: You deserve a break today. And he says, Yes, I know. That’s why I’m planning on taking a break at noon to go over to your house and sleep…with your wife!”Giovanni: “We call it “dolce far niente”, the sweetness of doing nothing.”


















Which is why I'm going to read 'A Good Year' by Peter Mayle (who, by the way, is becoming one of my absolute favorite authors) on the beach and drink my peach iced tea all afternoon.

No comments: