Monday, May 14, 2012

Wedding #1

As some of you know, I'm interning with wedding planner Jen from Mr. and Mrs. this summer. I had my first wedding this past weekend for Brad and Niki. The couple had a beautiful wedding ceremony in downtown Kansas City and the reception was held at the Boulevard Brewery. 
The morning started off with meeting the Bridal party at the Weston Hotel. We make sure everyone is calm and all the little details are set in place. We help them get dressed, make sure everyone eats and has Kleenexes, and that all the proper pictures are taken.
Next, Jen and I headed over to the reception. She handed me a couple huge boxes of flowers, vases, place settings and candles...and left. The bride wanted the center pieces to vary among the tables, so this is what I came up with:




The couple loved playing Scrabble together and wanted to incorporate that into their special day. I used the ones with their names for the Sweetheart table and the rest ("kiss", "wedding"...) were dispersed on the other tables






By the end of the night everyone was exhausted and the bridesmaids all left their flowers behind. My reward is having a lovely smelling room for the rest of the week!


The reception over looked the sun setting on downtown KC and the open patio was the highlight of the location. The menu included fish taco, mac n cheese, and roast beef bars. They had an open Boulevard Brewery bar and a cigar roller for the 150 guests to enjoy. Party favors were engraved Pilsner glasses with the couple's name and wedding date. 
My next wedding is May 26th!

No comments: