Thursday, May 19, 2011

Is It Worth It?

In lieu of my recent state of unemployment, I've been fillilng in at a law office this week. As always, I greatly enjoy the quite office, small amounts of paperwork and answering the few phone calls that come through. It has also given me ample opportunity to dress up, and I'm rocking it! Breaking out all my pencil skirts and sassy heels has always been a pastime I enjoy, and living in a small town hasn't provided enough occasions to get those items out of the closet.
The MBT shoe company recently did a study that showed that current teenagers are 50% more likely to have hip trouble than their mothers, and 1/3 of the women in the study had reported falling at least once while wearing high heels! But what are we to do with fashion icons such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Victoria Beckham and Sarah Jessica Parker rocking them down the runway?! Is it a price we're willing to pay?
Remind me of this in my old age, but I am more than willing to risk it! I have more shoes than I know what to do with, but every single one of them is special. I adore them all, from my BCBG 30s pink open toed shoes to my black Madden Girl pumps.

No comments: