Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pasta Salad

Perhaps I am crazy, but I am prone to think that my piano teacher can walk on water. She is such a delight, and has transformed the way I play the piano. As you all know, my mother and I took a two week trip to Europe, and it just so happens that Margie also took a trip to France! Since we both know how much we love to "chat" about our trips, I have decided to go a bit early for my first summer lesson this week so we can enjoy lunch together. While in Germany, I purchased some music note pasta, and found this great recipe online that I'm going to try. Since I know how busy my week will be, I'm posting this now, but will be sure to update everyone with a picture of my own!
http://friendseat.com/Pasta-Salad-w-Asparagus-Tomato-and-Mozzarella-Recipe

1/2 lb of Asparagus
Salt
Black Pepper
1 lb Pasta
1/2 lb. Fresh Mozzarella, cut into small cubes
1 large bunch of Scallions, sliced
2 dozen Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 cup Olive Oil
Zest and Juice from 1 Lemon
1/2 cup Lightly Toasted Pine Nuts
Large Handful of Fresh Basil

1. Put up a large pot of salted water for cooking the pasta and bring it to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes. Scoop the asparagus from the water with a large strainer spoon and place in a colander. Run cold water over it. Drain well and slice into small pieces on the diagonal, leaving the tips whole.
2. Bring the water back to a rapid boil and cook the pasta. Run the pasta under cold water and drain very well.
3. In a large serving bowl, add the pasta, asparagus, and all the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, and toss well until all the pasta is well coated with dressing. Taste for seasoning.

I plan to serve it with a fresh French Baggette from Napoleons in Kansas City.

No comments: