Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall

I'm not one of those crazy environmentalists who think that the world is slowly coming to an end and that the only way to stop it is to buy a million of those recycled bags. But I do wish our culture was more aware of the world around us.
Fall is my favorite season. And although it may be for the slightly morbid reason that it reminds us of death; it's given to us in such a beautiful way.
Our culture has become engrossed in thinking that death equals the color black. But who said this was truth? God gave us orange and yellow and red and brown; these are the true colors of death.
I love pulling my boots out of the back of the closet and my light blue vest with the soft fur inside. I love chilly mornings with coffee and "A Tale of Two Cities." I love the feeling you get when you walk into an ice rink that is colder than outside.
I truly believe that Joe Fox in "You've Got Mail" summed it up quite well in saying:
"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."

No comments: