Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Notes to Friends

Everything is going great in France, I'm even picking up some of the language! I can order coffee, which you know is very important, but not bread. Something about my broken tongue won't let me say it the right way. Domi's seven-year-old cousin is staying with us this week, so we have been working together on our language skills (yes, my brain is at the same level as a seven year old). She taught me "la plage," and I taught her "the beach."

The beach is wonderful here, and so is the food. The first week was hard, and I would have literally killed for something fried. But I made it through and am now enjoying it very much. I have also discovered that I have an addiction to caramel nut ice cream bars, and I am in no hurry to get over it. We better have these things back home. We have ice cream all the time. After lunch, in the afternoon, and after dinner. For serious. Thank you to all the people who have been texting me, you are amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a good writer, story teller Megan.